Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bath Time

This morning I gave my daughter a bath. She fought me the entire time. I picked out a few toys for her and got her undressed as she screamed, "No bath!". I used the shower head (she wasn't about to sit down) as she stood up screaming, "No bath!". I asked her to raise her arms, tilt her head back, and lift her foot, all which she easily did while continuing to scream, "No bath!". We finished washing and I pulled her out of the tub. I wrapped her in the towel, dried her off, and got her dressed...all the while, she was screaming - you guessed it - "No bath!!".

I'm too tired to be angry this morning, so I found it more humorous than anything. It made me wonder about the bigger picture. Even though I don't believe in the omniscient god with the long white beard sitting on the cloud and looking down over us, I imagine our lives would often look to him just like our bath scenario did this morning.

How funny when something happens to us that we don't like - from the loss of a job to the loss of a family member - we fight it the entire time. God is sitting there gently moving on, sighing and hoping that next time bath time rolls around that perhaps we'll fight just a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment