Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spelling Lessons

There were a couple of cuties today, but I am in the midst of a full-blown head cold...so this will be short.

After sending (a very upset) Tyler to clean his room today, I heard him trying to spell something out. I turned off the water running over the dishes & tried to listen.

"Y-O-U S-T....T....I...NK".

I was simultaneously proud of the fact that he was spelling something out & quite taken-aback at the gift I knew was coming.

When he brought me a small piece of paper with a frowny-face & what I would assume were meant to be the the words "You Stink" written on it, I told him that "That is not very nice & it hurts mommy's feelings. What do you say?"

He said "I'm sorry" and immediately came over to take his "gift" back. He said, "hold on" and came back in 2 minutes with another picture he had drawn...of a smiley face. He ripped up the "mean one" while saying "I...DON'T.....LIKE.....THIS....ONE."

The smiley face is now up on the fridge.

We worked on spelling some nicer words this evening.

All I can do is sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got quite a rascal on your hands! LOL ;o)

    ReplyDelete